Jul 23, 2010

Muse-trippin' to Düsseldorf, December 2006

Short after our overwhelming Southside experience with Muse, I left to Sweden to study abroad. We'll, that's actually what I planned there. But the place I've been to turned out to be pretty boring so I started to travel around, just to do anything with my time. And I missed my friends. There's some point in life when you realize what's really important - I needed Sweden to recognize what it is for me: friendship. The analog, not the digital one. So I came back with the feeling that "together we're invincible", and we were.


friends need to be close to each other - sometimes.


On December 12, 2006 we went on a trip to Düsseldorf to see Muse again. Four girls, one car, lots of Lulz. Esther has been to a Morrissey gig in Frankfurt (where have I been?!), I've seen Tool in Mannheim (one of the favorite bands of my youth) the night before, so we've been in a pretty good mood. Pictures of the trip: some. Pictures of the show: none. Annoying people in the audience: a few. Setlist: supermassive. Balloons over the crowd: many. The production (with Dommeh on a UFO-like something): huge.


It's needless to point out that we waited for KoC the whole gig (being mocked by an older guy who prefered to sit and was angry because we were standing in front of him - well, we didn't SIT THE FUCK DOWN). We needed to wait until the last encore. And again Muse and especially that song amazed us. Esther noticed in her blog right after the gig that she would like to be Matt's guitar... Another step on our road to Wembley had been done.


German autobahn service area advertisements on the toilet (!!!): this one is for a chimney called "Wet"...


... and this chimney is calles "Uranus" - ehm, is that a fireplace conspiracy?!


Facial excitement after the show: boundless!

Setlist (yes, you may be jealous):

  1. Map of the Problematique
  2. Butterflies & Hurricanes
  3. Supermassive Black Hole
  4. New Born
  5. Starlight
  6. Forced In (instrumental)
  7. Bliss (extended)
  8. Feeling Good
  9. Hoodoo
  10. Invincible
  11. Time Is Running Out
  12. Plug In Baby
    Encore:
  13. Sunburn (piano)
  14. Hysteria
  15. Stockholm Syndrome
  16. Take a Bow
    Encore 2:
  17. Knights of Cydonia

2 comments:

  1. where is my nose on that picture? i smell a conspiracy - well, i would have...bellamy, investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the (international) nose conspiracy - i KNEW it!!!

    ReplyDelete